Some Progress with 5.8.0

by john on December 22, 2002

I’ve managed to get DBD-mysql installed on ActivePerl 5.8.0 build 804.

Through some specific searching (Google was coming up with nothing and I was hoping the answer was on a support site that was being blocked from it) on sites like CPAN, ActiveState and mySQL I managed to run across a note from the author of DBD-mysql, Jochen Wiedmann, that had the answer.

Only problem? MT doesn’t recognize DBD-mysql as being installed. But it is:

ppm> query DBD-mysql
Querying target 1 (ActivePerl 5.8.0.804)
1. DBD-mysql [2.1020] A MySQL driver for the Perl5 Database Interface (DB~
ppm>

I may have to kick this one upstairs, as it were.

john December 22, 2002 at 11:36 pm

Interestingly, my experiments with the Google API found some additional pages for me as I was searching using 5.8.0 but when I made this post I used 5.8 as a keyword instead.

Joe Grossberg December 23, 2002 at 7:47 pm

“MT doesn’t recognize DBD-mysql as being installed.”

Can you elaborate? Maybe someone reading this blog will have come across this issue already.

john December 23, 2002 at 8:39 pm

“Can you elaborate?”

A little: mt-check.cgi told me I didn’t have it installed.

I posted on the Support forum at movabletype.org, I’ll let it perc a little then look at it again.

Thanks

john January 4, 2003 at 9:48 am
Bob January 9, 2003 at 4:01 pm

Hey,

Here is a site which has a few PPD files to use with PPM. DBD-mysql is there. It was great for me because I use DBD-SQLite but AS didn’t have that for 5.8 so there you go. : )

Bob

Bob January 9, 2003 at 4:02 pm

Hey,

If you want to add it as a repository:

Bob

Roman Izmerly January 29, 2003 at 5:28 pm

I installed DBD-mysql from http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/ppms/, but it say’s it can’t find libmysql.dll. When I rename mysql.dll to libmysql.dll, it say’s that it can’t find entry point in dll or something like that… Why?

My system: Win2000, ActiveState Perl 5.8.0.804

john January 30, 2003 at 10:21 pm

Well don’t rename .DLLs – that clearly won’t work.

However, I’m not sure who you wouldn’t have the libmysql.dll file. What version of MYSQL do you have installed?

Teoh Chiew Liang February 13, 2003 at 3:21 am

Sir / Madam,

I would like to request DBD and DBI modules for Windows Version (Perl 5.8), please tell me where can I get the module.

I have try to download from SPAN and encountered :
DBI Version 1.14 – install failed with error message “no suitable installation target found for package DBI”
DBD-oracle Version 1.03 – install failed with error message “no suitable installation target found for package DBI
DBD-oracle8 Version 1.06 – install failed with error message “no suitable installation target found for package DBI

Please helThanks

Regards
Teoh Chiew Liang

john February 13, 2003 at 5:48 am

Teoh Chiew Liang,

Please see http://www.johnsjottings.com/archives/2003/01/02/running_on_580_804.html

for the answer to your problem.